SMRT-Y - Soil Moisture Sensor Kit
- Easy-to-install add on to any standard irrigation system that provides over 40% water savings by optimizing water at the root zone
- Turns any controller into a smart controller
- Displays soil moisture level, temperature, EC and watering history
- Self-calibrating to all soil types and conditions
- High grade 304 stainless steel sensor for extreme durability and corrosion resistance
- Rugged case designed for years of trouble-free service
- Sensor bypass permits normal irrigation cycles
- No maintenance sensor never needs calibration; just bury and forget
- Digital TDT Sensor enables highly accurate soil moisture readings that are independent of soil temperature and electrical conductivity
The SMRT-Y Soil Moisture Sensor Kit is an easy to install add-on to any standard irrigation system that directly links your irrigation controller to your landscapes moisture requirements. Program the controller to water every day that irrigation is allowed, and the soil moisture sensor will do the rest.
Makes any irrigation controller "smart"
Simple to use, yet highly sophisticated in what it does for water savings, the SMRT-Y Soil Moisture Sensor represents a new class of smart control technology. This affordable device precisely monitors moisture levels in absolute – rather than relative – terms, unaffected by soil temperature or electrical conductivity that limit the accuracy of other sensors. Relaying that information back to the controller, it only allows a watering cycle when the root zone moisture drops below the set threshold. Based on the same TDT* sensing technology developed for agricultural applications, the SMRT-Y soil moisture sensor’s long-lasting dependability addresses the environmental demands of both residential and commercial applications.
Water savings of 40% or more
By optimizing the amount of moisture at the root zone, the SMRT-Y conserves enough water in many applications to pay for itself in less than a year. Avoiding the tendency to overwater, you will enjoy a healthier, lush landscape that is less prone to fungus and shallow root growth. The device eliminates needless watering and lets the soil say when watering is appropriate. Adding a soil moisture sensor allows you to meet many toughening water conservation guidelines that call for “smart” watering devices.
Advanced soil moisture sensing technology
Checking soil conditions every 10 minutes, the SMRT-Y displays moisture content, electrical conductivity and temperature of the soil, all at the touch of a button. The device also provides watering history for the last 7 irrigation cycles. With soil moisture sensing, you no longer need to be concerned with adjusting the controller. Just program the controller one time to water every day that irrigation is allowed – the soil moisture sensor will do the rest.
|Controller Type||Smart/Self-adjusting Weather-based|
Width: 3.0 in
Height: 3.0 in
Depth: 0.75 in
Width: 2.0 in
Length: 8.0 in
Depth: 0.5 in
|Certifications||UL, CUL, C-TICK Certifications|
WPCONN10 - Waterproof Wire Connectors - 10 Pack
Special Price $6.49 List Price $12.00
RSDBEX - Rain Sensor - With Bracket
Special Price $30.00 List Price $31.80
PTC1 - Spray Head Pull-Up Tool
Special Price $12.99 List Price $22.00
SA5 - SA Series Swing Pipe Assembly - 6 in. x 1/2 in. x 1/2 in.
Special Price $3.49 List Price $6.00
HE-VAN-15 - High Efficiency Variable Arc Nozzle - 12 to 15 ft.